Director of Software Engineering
Are you passionate about mobile and tablet technologies?Â Do you want to innovate the media industry? Do you have a track record in developing scalable platforms and high-end software?
Then join the leadership team of a young and dynamic start-up!Â Send us your CV together with your motivation letter toÂ firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to drive its international expansion,Twipe is looking for a Director of Software Engineering.
The Director of Software Engineering will be a strong leader with excellent technical expertise and the ability to manage a team of software engineers and architects working on multiple projects within our software and platform engineering team.
This candidate will have an outstanding track record of developing highly scalable and distributed software applications with excellent quality.
This candidate will drive new technologies and best practices into the organization and be capable of managing teams across many projects, a variety of technologies and internationally distributed.
Responsibilities of Director of Software Engineering
- Develop and execute on a vision for delivering the best cloud based mobile and tablet publishing solution for media companies
- Leads a team of software developers and architects, establishing development practices and standards.
- Builds and retains productive teams through strong recruitment, mentoring and career management.
- Works closely with project managers and the business development team on distilling and challenging functional requirements into technical designs that result in highly scalable and high-end quality products
- Helps maintain production applications and tackle high profile customer escalations
- Plans and executes project work plans across various projects and international distribution
- Minimizes exposure on project risks
- Accountable for delivery of projects within schedules and timelines.
- Ensures consistent software design and implementation methodologies, together with the Software Systems Architect, and promotes code reuse throughout the development staff
- Evaluates engineering staff and works with the team to improve skills and software engineering processes.
This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
This leader should have a proven ability to design, deliver, and operate a technical service that is robust in the face of failure around it. It is important that this leader have an operational component to his/her leadership skill set.
Profile of Director of Software Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience, during which youâ€™ve developed extremely strong Computer Science fundamentals and analytical abilities.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall enterprise level software development, with 3 or more years of experience managing in the software industry shipping commercial software
- 3 or more years of Director level experience
- Extensive software engineering development and design experience with complex and highly scalable products using multiple technologies and languages
- Experience with software development methodologies, agile software development values and practices, especially Scrum or Lean Software Development preferred.
- Ability to attract top talent; demonstrated success in motivating and cultivating your team
- Ability to multi-task in maturing business environments
- Decisive and effective at issue tracking and resolution
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Passion for mobile and tablet technologies and business opportunities (various OS platforms, industry trends,â€¦)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic start-up. The international growth of Twipe will be your reward.
- We offer lots of personal development opportunities. We have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We will invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
- Your compensation package is competitive, including variable bonus scheme, car, group insurance and other benefits.
Our mission is to develop the best mobile and tablet news app on a cloud based publishing platform. Apps that you can touch and swipe (or twipe). Engaging solutions with ergonomic and dynamic user design, both creative and cutting edge.
Our unique strengths:
– 1 integrated solution: including front-end app, CMS and workflow, content delivery
– Tablet Optimized Publication technology, fully internally developed
– focus on delivery delighting end user experience
– integration with Newsstand
– integration with iTunes automatic subscriptions
– deep knowledge of newspaper and magazine publishing on mobiles and tablets (since 2008)
Our reference cases:
– De Standaard HD (Tablet Optimized Newspaper)
– NRC Handelsblad (replica PDF Viewer)
– Het Nieuwsblad (flip reader + replica PDF Viewer)
– HUMO (touch & swipe reader + replica PDF Viewer)
– Het Belang Van Limburg (Picture Viewer, cfr Eyewitness)
– Gazet Van Antwerpen (Picture Viewer, cfr Eyewitness)
Send us your CV together with your motivation letter toÂ email@example.com