Internet Trends 2011- mobile revolution ready for tremendous growth
The leading venture firm KPCB presented this week its report on Internet trends 2011. It distills the mega-trends defining todayâ€™s Internet – including social, local, mobile and the fast-growing world of e-commerce .
Some of the key-elements:
- The mobile revolution is still in its infancy and poised for tremendous growth.
- In the US and WEU there are more smartphones sold than traditional cell phones. Presenting only 835 milllion smartphones subcribers against a potential of 5,6 billion mobile phone subscribers.
- Growth Android phones is faster than the iPhone.
- Mobile searches x4 in past years
- In the 4th quarter of 2010 there were more smarthpones & tablet solds than PCs
- The time people spend on printed media is decreasing in favour of time online and use of mobile devices
- Audio will be more important than video.
- The way users interact with their device went from text in the 80′s to graphical (90′s) and touch & sound now. Online audio will be the next big thing via sound recognition and understanding, sound creation and sharing,…
- ‘Record is the new qwerty’ Alexander Ljung, CEO SoundCloud.
See the full report:
KPCB Internet Trends (2011)