Twipe proudly sponsored Wan-Ifra’s Digital Media Europe conference from 16 to 18 April. This events brings newspaper publishers in contact to share usefull information to survive the hyper-competitive digital publishing environment. Top speakers such as Peter Bale (CNN), Andrew Miller (The Guardian Media Group), Marja-Leena Tuomola (Sanoma News) and Arthur Sulzberger (The New York Times) shared their insights in the digital publishing business.
Â Hereby the five most important business trends for newspaper publishers in the digital publishing space:
- Paid Content on the riseÂ : there is a positive vibe towards the implementation of paywalls (NY Times, The Times, …)
- ‘Social is the new search‘ : 27% of the users enter The Guardian’s website via social networks
- ‘Mobile is not the next big thing‘ : Mobile is the current big thing. Publishers need to focus on a responsive design of their mobile and tablet offering.
- Video : The barriers between TV stations and newspapers are blurring. Aftonbladet managed to reach 400k viewers with an evening TV show
- Facebook is everywhere and becomes increasingly dominant. Key publishers such as The Guardian become increasingly dependent on Facebook for bringing new audience.
Monday evening, Twipe organised a Belgian Beer Tasting networking event.Â It was an excellent opportunity to network with participants in a relaxing environment while tasting the best of Belgiumâ€™s culture.
Wednesday, Danny Lein (CEO Twipe) presented the following Case Study: Delight your Readers with a Tablet Optimised Newspaper (Case Study De Standaard HD).