Country Manager Germany
Looking for the First-Person-On-The-Ground to sustain and drive business growth in the German Market
To sustain and drive our growth in the German market, we are looking for our “first-person-on-the-ground” in Germany, ideally located in an area Köln-Bonn-Düsseldorf.
Twipe is a media technology company based in Leuven, Belgium working on solving one of the world’s biggest problems: sustaining quality journalism in the digital area.
We offer SaaS digital edition publishing and analytics solutions, used by leading newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and DuMont. We are firm believers in the power of our technology to help the newspaper industry thrive in their digital transformation and growth. We offer state-of-the-art Replica and NextGen digital publishing, ePaper analytics, and we are leaders in media innovation and AI.
Your role is to drive our growth in German speaking markets
You are the subject matter expert for the German speaking markets, knowing the newspaper media landscape and the key players:
- Build a network of C-level decision makers in the media sector and develop key commercial relationships
- Quickly understand the business model and technical framework of customers and prospects and how our technology can help them grow
- Provide customer insights for new product development or new business development strategies
You define territory strategy and growth plan, lead sales and account management activities with end-responsibility for closing new business and retaining existing customers:
- Proactively contact customers and prospects in order to uncover pain points and identify opportunities for new business
- Cross and Upselling
- Challenge the status quo and articulate where our solutions can bring value
- Organize, prepare, hold and follow up on demos, presentations and roadshows
- Evaluate customer and prospects requirements in line with the Twipe platform, align with internal stakeholders on planning and write appealing proposals
- Draft contracts and order forms and lead negotiations to close deals
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to follow up the implementation and serve as ambassador of the customer
You actively participate to the agile operational model of the company, daily stand-ups, sprint goals setting and sprint-end demo meetings, in person and remotely.
- You are entrepreneurial, willing to take on full accountability for business growth
- You are self-driven and have a strong motivation to get things done and maintain focus
- You hold a university degree in Business Engineering or Economics
- You have 5+ years of experience with SaaS sales/business development, preferably in models with long sales cycles
- You get energy out of turning customers and prospects into fans of Twipe
- You have an affinity with mobile and tablet technologies (various OS platforms, industry trends,…) and passion for the newspaper and media industry and strong
- You have excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, presenting) in German and English, one other international language is a strong plus
- You have familiarity with CRM technologies
- We offer a great challenge in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies like AI
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
- Your compensation package is competitive, including variable bonus scheme, car, group insurance and other benefits.
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team!
Other similar jobs:
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
🗞Working to sustain quality journalism
💻 Offering state-of-the-art digital publishing & analytics solutions
😎 We are HIRING!