Ensure high availability of our solutions.
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
Join us in our exciting journey of building an international leading technology company!
Are you passionate about cloud infrastructure, mobile technologies and media? Are you an experience DevOps Engineer with 4-5 years of experience, ready to take on a wider technical and business responsibility?
The role of the DevOps Engineer is to maintain the highest standards of operation, uptime and performance for the Twipe Digital Publishing Platforms for our customers. At the same time, the DevOps Engineer takes the lead in embedding the practices of automation, speed and performance improvement into our software engineering teams and delivery processes. Finally, the DevOps Engineer manages proactively our AWS Cloud components and the associated budget.
- Take end responsibility and follow-up on daily basis key operational performance indicators of our Digital Publishing Solution, such as delivery volumes, speed and performance of our platform, quality of the apps,..
- Own and operate the cloud infrastructure for our in-house built digital publishing platform.
- Exploit real-time monitoring to prevent operational issues leading to poor customer experiences.
- Own and operate platform alerting and ensure 3rd line incident response
- Manage and optimize the total cost of our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Capacity planning and performance improvements
- Own and operate the delivery pipeline, enabling rapid delivery
- Utilising release automation to assist the software engineers and their eco-system.
- Ensuring technical solution designs are secure/scalable/maintainable/supportable.
- Having the ability to be hands on and able to contribute to the technical debate.
- Maintaining a keen eye on new technologies/innovation in the industry and leverage these to benefit the organization.
- Drive a continuous improvement and automation first culture seeking to optimise and accelerate at every opportunity
- Demonstrable experience of with DevOps to deliver strong technical and commercial results.
- Successful experience of implementing continuous integration/delivery
- Attention to detail to ensure code management, code workflow, security and performance analysis standards are adhered to
- Excellent experience of building a practice that adopts a data driven continuous improvement, taking metrics, analysing data and building technical pipelines of improvement tasks
- Strong communication skills
- You understand that prevention is better than cure
- Keep up to date on evolutions in the industry, continuously improve on and blog about areas of technology interest.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure is a must:
- Cloud compute – AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2 on Windows, Redis, Lambda (micro-services)
- Database –RDS MS SQL Server, mysql, nosql, Google Biq Query, Redshift, Athena
- Logging –Cloudwatch, IP Monitor, elastisearch
- Content Distribution – Amazon CDN Cloudfront, S3
- Infrastructure as code & configuration management is a strong plus
- Experience with CI/CD implementation and automation (Git, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Containers,..)
- Test automation tools
- Experience with setting up a pull request system is a plus
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Other similar jobs: