Front-end React Native Developer
Deliver smooth and highly engaging user experiences
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help leading newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You will be responsible for architecting and building these applications, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs that match designs.
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- Integrate carefully selected third-party API’s.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes—React Native moves fast and often breaks things.
- Transition existing native apps to React Native.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work.
- Ability to identify with the goals of Twipe clients, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- An understanding of React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Ability to work through new and difficult React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
We’re looking for candidates who are willing to learn and take on new challenges, have demonstrated ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java a plus but not required.
- Experience with libraries/frameworks such as Redux, Redux-saga…
- Experience with common software engineering practices such as OO-development, common design patterns, unit testing, secure coding practices (OWASP), writing clean and neat code and documentation…
- Knowledge of common technologies such as REST web services, OAuth, JSON, XML, SQL…
- Experience with agile software development
- Bachelor degree in (applied) computer science, master degree in computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
Other similar jobs: