Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 15 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help leading newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
We are looking for a Front-end Tech Lead interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms. You take ownership of these applications and are responsible for architecting, building and maintaining them. You will collaborate closely with the product team to come up with solutions and estimate the impact. You set the quality standards for the front-end team and make sure that all development adheres to them. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Take ownership of all front-end applications and their CI/CD pipelines
- Engineer, design and estimate solutions for new feature requests together with product team
- Review pull requests to ensure high quality and maintainable solutions
- Coach the front-end team and elevate their technical skills
- Implement new features and build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs that match designs.
- Integrate third-party API’s and SDK’s
- Write unit and integration tests and make sure other team members do the same.
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Reach out to the open source community to encourage and help implement mission-critical software fixes
- Follow-up new evolutions of technology and take initiative to keep the stack up to date
- Transition existing native apps to React Native.
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work.
- Ability to identify with the goals of Twipe clients, and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- You are a true team player.
- Strong communication skills.
- You have a strong work ethic. You like to get things done and are willing to go the extra mile.
- You’re passionate about software development…it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve. You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current.
We’re looking for candidates who are willing to learn and take on new challenges, have demonstrated ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience in front-end
- Experience with reviewing pull requests of colleagues and improving their technical capability
- Experience with JS is a must
- Experience with React JS or React Native is a plus
- Experience with libraries/frameworks such as Redux, Redux-saga…
- Experience with Swift, Objective C, Kotlin is a strong plus
- Experience with common software engineering practices such as OO-development, common design patterns, unit testing, secure coding practices (OWASP), writing clean and neat code and documentation…
- Knowledge of common technologies such as REST web services, OAuth, JSON, XML, SQL…
- Experience with agile software development
- Master’s degree in computer science, or equivalent through experience.
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the forefront of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other similar jobs: