Be a subject matter expert. Deliver groundbreaking results.
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
We are looking to grow our team with a top-notch Functional Analyst to join our business. As a Functional Analyst you will analyse the needs of the clients and users and translate these to functional specifications and user stories which can be implemented with the tools of the Twipe Digital Publishing Suite, or which require additional custom development. You communicate and coordinate project progress both externally and internally in a superior way.
Do you want to work on challenging technical projects? Are you keen to deliver groundbreaking results? Do you want to see immediate impact of your work? Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You gather and elicit customer requirements and document them unambiguously
- You consider different options for implementation together with the developers
- You create a functional analysis of the proposed solution
- You collaborate closely with the product owner, project manager and developers to implement the requirements using scrum methodology
- You make sure that everything has been developed according to the agreed specifications
- You are also responsible of testing the implemented features to ensure high quality
- After deployment, you monitor and follow-up in order to safeguard a smooth roll-out.
- You have a Masters degree preferably in Engineering or Information Technology or an equivalent degree
- You have shown strong leadership and are active in extracurricular activities
- You have a minimum of 1 year of experience in software projects, preferably using an agile methodology like scrum.
- You are proficient in English (both in speaking and in writing). Knowledge of French is a strong plus.
- You have a sharp analytical mind and strong thinking/problem solving skills
- You don’t easily give up and are willing to go the extra mile
- You inspire others with your thirst for excellence
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- You are highly organized and a good multi-tasker
- You have an in-depth technical understanding, which allows you to quickly make assessments and to have effective discussions with the technical team.
- You don’t hesitate to take the lead on challenging technical projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- You’re a good negotiator and are able to make trade-offs between various interests
- You are very detail-oriented: details make or break a project, and you are on top of it
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Other similar jobs:
🗞Working to sustain quality journalism
💻 Offering state-of-the-art digital publishing & analytics solutions
😎 We are HIRING!
Follow Twipe on LinkedIn