Head of Software Engineering
Are you passionate about mobile and tablet technologies? Do you want to innovate the media industry? Do you have a track record in developing scalable platforms and high-end software?
Then join the leadership team of a young and dynamic start-up! Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to email@example.com.
In order to drive its international expansion, Twipe is looking for a Head of Software Engineering.
The Director of Software Engineering will be a strong leader with excellent technical expertise and the ability to manage a team of software engineers and architects working on multiple projects within our software and platform engineering team.
This candidate will have an outstanding track record of developing highly scalable and distributed software applications with excellent quality.
This candidate will drive new technologies and best practices into the organization and be capable of managing teams across many projects, a variety of technologies and internationally distributed.
Responsibilities of Head of Software Engineering
- Develop and execute on a vision for delivering the best cloud based mobile and tablet publishing solution for media companies
- Leads a team of software developers and architects, establishing development practices and standards.
- Builds and retains productive teams through strong recruitment, mentoring and career management.
- Works closely with project managers and the business development team on distilling and challenging functional requirements into technical designs that result in highly scalable and high-end quality products
- Helps maintain production applications and tackle high profile customer escalations
- Plans and executes project work plans across various projects and international distribution
- Minimizes exposure on project risks
- Accountable for delivery of projects within schedules and timelines.
- Ensures consistent software design and implementation methodologies, together with the Software Systems Architect, and promotes code reuse throughout the development staff
- Evaluates engineering staff and works with the team to improve skills and software engineering processes.
This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team.
This leader should have a proven ability to design, deliver, and operate a technical service that is robust in the face of failure around it. It is important that this leader have an operational component to his/her leadership skill set.
Profile of Head of Software Engineering
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience, during which you have developed extremely strong Computer Science fundamentals and analytical abilities.
- Minimum of 10 years of overall enterprise level software development, with 3 or more years of experience managing in the software industry shipping commercial software
- 3 or more years of similar experience
- Extensive software engineering development and design experience with complex and highly scalable products using multiple technologies and languages
- Experience with software development methodologies, agile software development values and practices, especially Scrum or Lean Software Development preferred.
- Ability to attract top talent; demonstrated success in motivating and cultivating your team
- Ability to multi-task in maturing business environments
- Decisive and effective at issue tracking and resolution
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Passion for mobile and tablet technologies and business opportunities
- Strong interest in artificial intelligence, big data and analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic start-up/scale up. The international growth of Twipe will be your reward.
- We offer lots of personal development opportunities. We have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We will invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
- Your compensation package is competitive, including variable bonus scheme, car, group insurance and other benefits.
Twipe offers a state-of-the-art digital publishing solution that helps newspapers and magazines to publish easy-to-read content on all mobile platforms. Our innovative SaaS solution combines award-winning front-end apps with efficient workflow systems. We save time and money for our customers and help them to grow their revenues from digital publications. Reference cases include Ouest-France, Le Parisien, La Libre Belgique, Les Editions de l’Avenir, Le Monde, DuMont, and more.
Based in Leuven, Belgium, we are expanding internationally. We are hiring talented people who share our passion for mobile technologies and digital media innovation. People who are eager to learn and to build this new digital business together with us. We offer a young, dynamic and entrepreneurial environment in which you have impact from the first day. Join us for an exciting growth path!
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org