Build highly engaging front-end applications and templates
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
- Based on a technical analysis of the product, you are responsible for the entire technical implementation, from technical design to development and testing.
- You will implement new components and templates of our NextGen digital publishing solution
- Lean software development is your standard way of working.
- You take on responsibility for your applications and support these towards 1st line support in order to quickly solve problems.
- Your passion for mobile and tablet technology drives you to stay up-to-date about the latest trends and evolutions. You are an excellent source of new insights that eventually will result in the development of new product features.
- You set yourself ambitious goals and you try to exceed them
- You focus on delivering results, your applications work first-time-right
- You learn rapidly and eagerly
- You don’t easily give up and are willing to give the extra mile
- You inspire others for your thirst for excellence
- You have a minimum 2 years of software development experience
- You have a higher education, minimum a Bachelor’s degree in Software Development
- Proficient about backend/server interfacing ( Rest API, SOAP, json,….)
- Experience with DOM Manipulation, Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) and performance optimization
- Experience with User Interface design, responsive design
- Good knowledge of and experience with Git, Jenkins, version management and CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in or interest for development in other front-end application languages (native iOS or Android, React Native, Angular, Cordova,…) is a very strong plus
- A great opportunity to build up from scratch a new business and digital publishing platform
- Join a dynamic, fun and entrepreneurial team on a mission to shape the newspaper industry
- An ambitious and well-funded start-up with multiple growth opportunities
- An attractive salary completed with fringe benefits (car, mobile phone, laptop)
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other similar jobs
Follow Twipe on Instagram
🗞Working to sustain quality journalism
💻 Offering state-of-the-art digital publishing & analytics solutions
😎 We are HIRING!