You develop best-in-class Android news reading and analytics apps
Twipe is a newstech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. Our leading SaaS platform includes news edition apps, content processing and distribution, predictive analytics and personalisation solutions.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times. To inspire the newspaper industry, we share new insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
Our open, honest and direct company culture fosters team collaboration and offers our Twipees ample opportunity to have impact. Together we are moving mountains when it comes to growing some of the largest news brands in the world, like Le Monde, The Telegraph and Ouest-France.
As Android Developer you will design and build the next generation of Twipe’s Android apps and SDKs. Your apps will be among the leading apps in the news media categories used by hundreds of thousands of readers every day. In this job, you will learn a broad variety of technologies, high reliability and high data volume transaction processing and modular software development frameworks. You will join a fast-paced high performance team on a mission to lead the industry.
- Writing clean and efficient code for our Android applications and SDKs
- Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimizing them at the code level
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance
- Performing unit and instrumentation tests on code
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and design new features
- Staying up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
- You are a kick-ass software engineer, with keen interest in developing robust, modular and highly performing software.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Proven work experience in design patterns mobile architecture using frameworks such as MVVM/MVC/MVP
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to effectively integrate Android applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with various testing tools
- You are a strong problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Software quality is your norm, not the exception
- You like to push the boundaries of what is technically possible
- You combine team spirit, autonomy and perseverance
- Creativity and enthusiasm are personal keywords
- A good knowledge of either iOS development or HTML5 is a strong plus.
- A job with great variety in terms of clients, projects and business requirements
- A unique challenge to build up a multi-tentant digital publishing platform
- Quick learning environment with exposure to a wide range of leading edge technologies (iOS, Android, ReactNative,AWS, Firebase, …)
- A young, fun and dynamic team in a fast-paced high performance company
- Attractive compensation package with a strong accent on “meritocracy”
Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.