Medior C# .Net Software Developer
You develop best-in-class C# .Net back-end applications
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
Join us in our exciting journey of building an international leading technology company!
As a Medior C# .Net Developer you will develop the core of our back-end digital publishing platform. This cloud based technology needs to assure the highest levels of reliability whilst handling big data volumes. In this job, you will be exposed to a broad variety of the latest .Net development and cloud technologies such as AWS, lambda, caching, Azure, ServiceStack,…
- You develop highly performing, scalable and maintainable back-end applications and back-office tools that smoothly integrate with our front-end apps, using our proprietary publishing framework.
- Based on a functional/technical analysis of the product, you are responsible for the entire technical implementation, from technical design to development and testing.
- Lean and Agile software development is your standard way of working.
- You take full accountability for your applications. You are part of the on-call support team that ensures on a rotating basis adequate customer support also outside office hours.
- Your passion for technology drives you to stay up-to-date about the latest trends and evolutions. You are an excellent source of new insights that eventually will result in the development of new product features.
- You set yourself ambitious goals and you try to exceed them
- You focus on delivering results, your applications work first-time-right
- You learn rapidly and eagerly
- You don’t easily give up and are willing to give the extra mile
- You inspire others for your thirst for excellence
- You have a minimum 1-3 years of software development experience
- You have a higher education, by preference a Masters degree in Software Engineering
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET, WCF, Web services, XML, JSON, MS SQL Server,..
- Strong understanding of high volume transaction processing, server caching, AWS, CDN, CloudFront, …
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org