Test & Support Engineer
Support & test our applications. Guarantee reliable service.
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
As a Testing & Support Engineer, you are part of the service delivery team and take on responsibility for testing & supporting our applications to ensure we can offer a reliable service to our customers.
- Support: You answer questions from customers about the features and capabilities of our products. You are part of the on-call support team that ensures on a rotating basis adequate customer support also outside office hours.
- Resolution of technical issues: You take ownership of technical issues, propose and implement solutions for minor bugs and features and work with our development team in order to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Pro-active solutions for problem-solving: You document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps, in order to avoid problems.
- Testing: You test new application releases (front-end and back-end) in order to ensure the quality of our operations. Your eye-for-detail assures high quality delivery through thorough testing.
- Your passion for mobile technology drives you to keep up-to-date about the latest trends and evolutions. You are an excellent source of new insights that eventually will result in the development of better products.
- You have a higher education (minimum Bachelor degree in IT) or equivalent by experience.
- Your English is excellent (both in speaking and in writing). Basic knowledge of French is a must. Knowledge of German is a strong plus.
- You have a very strong customer orientation and an excellent service attitude .
- Communication via phone and email is one of your greatest strengths.
- You combine team spirit, autonomy and perseverance.
- Creativity and enthusiasm are personal keywords.
- Preferably you have experience in software development companies
- You have min.3 years working experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An excellent problem solver with strong analytical skills
- You are highly organized and a good multi-tasker
- Firm grasp of how the web & mobile devices work
- SQL knowledge
- A minimum knowledge of HTML & CSS is required
- Experience with mobile platforms like iOS & Android is much appreciated
- Knowledge on test processes or test automation is considered as a plus
- Experience with cloud hosting systems (such as AWS) is a plus
- Preferably you have knowledge of proxy tools (Fiddler)
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
🗞Working to sustain quality journalism
💻 Offering state-of-the-art digital publishing & analytics solutions