Product Technology Delivery Manager
Lead innovation projects. Monetize premium content.
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
As a Product Technical Delivery Manager you identify, initiate & lead our new technology development innovation projects. Your responsibilities cover the full spectrum of our innovation services: project scoping & planning, team management, project delivery, functional & technical analysis, testing, communication.
Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
- Project scoping and planning: you define the project scope and deliverables and draft the project implementation plan; you identify key resources and stakeholders of the project; you make estimations of work and budget and you make recommendations to management teams for approval.
- Project delivery: you are the driving force to ensure proper delivery of the project within the approved time and budget constraints; you are able to identify quickly possible roadblocks or bottlenecks; you combine rigid project control and thorough quality testing with flexibility to adapt in an environment with rapidly changing requirements; you organize regular project reviews both internally and with the potential co-development partners;
- Project team management: you inspire and motivate your team members to deliver superior end-products. You coordinate the work with our engineering team by using the JIRA Agile tools.
- Functional analysis: you gather and translate requirements into new product features towards technical requirements, proposing implementation after analysis of different options (build vs buy)
- Testing: Your eye-for-detail assures high quality delivery through thorough testing
- You have a Masters degree preferably of Science in Engineering (spec Computer Science) or equivalent (Commercial Engineer – Management IT or Master in Engineering)
- You have a solid technical understanding, which allows you to quickly make assessments and to have effective discussions with the technical team. You also have a strong know-how of functional analysis.
- You have a track record in quality delivery of large, complex software systems
- You have experience with systems design (user stories, technical specification, modular systems design, test scenario’s,…)
- You have experience in software development projects
- You have shown strong leadership and active in extracurricular activities
- You have min 5 years working experience of which 3 years in (technical) project management, preferably using an agile methodology like scrum.
- Your English is excellent (both in speaking and in writing). Knowledge of French and/or German is a strong plus.
- You don’t easily give up and are willing to give the extra mile
- You inspire others for your thirst for excellence
- Strong project management skills
- You have a sharp analytical mind and strong thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills with a strong “can-do” attitude
- Strong and demonstrated team management skills
- You are highly organized and a good multi-tasker
- You have excellent communication skills
- SQL knowledge
- Ability to interprete code
- SCRUM and agile development believer
- You don’t hesitate to take the lead on challenging projects and you inspire others to deliver excellent results
- You have a natural talent to translate requirements into functional and technical specifications
- You’re a good negotiator and able to make trade-offs between various interests
- You are very detail-oriented: details make or break a project, and you are on top of it
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org