Project Delivery Manager (fluent in German)
Lead challenging projects. Deliver groundbreaking results.
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
As a Product Technical Delivery Manager you identify, initiate & lead our new technology development innovation projects. Your responsibilities cover the full spectrum of our innovation services: project scoping & planning, team management, project delivery, functional & technical analysis, testing, communication.
On the short term we are looking to grow our team with a top notch Project Delivery Manager to join our Service Delivery Team. As a Project Delivery Manager you take full ownership and leadership of the implementation of new installations and the ongoing delivery of upgrades of the Twipe Digital Publishing Suite.
As a Project Delivery Manager you take full ownership and leadership of the implementation of new installations of the Twipe Digital Publishing Suite. You analyze the needs of the clients and users and translate these to functional specifications and user stories which can be implemented with the tools of the Twipe Digital Publishing Suite, or which require additional custom development. You plan and supervise the implementation and deliver a qualitative and project-driven follow-up. Your eye-for-detail assures high quality delivery through thorough testing. You communicate and coordinate project progress both externally and internally in a superior way.
Do you want to lead challenging projects? Are you keen to deliver groundbreaking results? Do you want to see immediate impact of your work? Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to email@example.com.
- Project initiation and planning: you define the project scope and deliverables and draft the project implementation plan; you identify key resources and stakeholders of the project; you make estimations of work and budget and you make recommendations to management teams for approval
- Project delivery leadership: you are the driving force to ensure proper delivery of the project within the approved time and budget constraints; you are able to identify quickly possible roadblocks or bottlenecks; you combine rigid project control with flexibility to adapt in an environment with rapidly changing requirements;
- Project team management: you inspire and motivate your team members to deliver superior end-products
- Functional analysis: you gather and translate customer requirements into new product features towards technical requirements, proposing implementation after analysis of different options (build vs buy)
- You have a Masters degree preferably in Engineering or Economics or an equivalent degree
- You have shown strong leadership and active in extracurricular activities
- You have a minimum of 3 years of project management experience in software projects, preferably using an agile methodology like scrum.
- Your German is excellent and you are proficient in English (both in speaking and in writing). Knowledge of French is a strong plus.
- You have a sharp analytical mind and strong thinking/problem solving skills
- Excellent project management skills with a “can-do” attitude
- Strong and demonstrated team management skills
- You don’t easily give up and are willing to give the extra mile
- You inspire others for your thirst for excellence
- Experience in product management is a plus.
- You are highly organized and a good multi-tasker
- You don’t hesitate to take the lead on challenging projects and you know how to lead a project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- You’re a good negotiator and are able to make trade-offs between various interests
- You are very detail-oriented: details make or break a project, and you are on top of it
- You have a very good technical understanding, which allows you to quickly make assessments and to have effective discussions with the technical team.
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org