Head of Sales
Build our sales team and grow our business to the next level
Twipe is a newstech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. Our leading SaaS platform includes news edition apps, content processing and distribution, predictive analytics and personalisation solutions.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times. To inspire the newspaper industry, we share new insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
Our open, honest, and direct company culture fosters team collaboration and offers our Twipees ample opportunity to have impact. Together we are moving mountains when it comes to growing some of the largest news brands in the world, like Le Monde, The Telegraph and Ouest-France.
As Head of Sales, you will develop key growth sales strategies, tactics, and action plans. Successful execution of these strategies is required to achieve your financial targets. Your duties will include hitting annual targets, building relationships, and understanding customer trends. You will run virtually every aspect of a sales organisation. The ideal candidate should have exceptional business acumen, analytical abilities, and people leadership skills.
Dare to make the difference and have impact from Day One!
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets of the Sales Team
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand industry-specific landscapes and trends
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Coach and mentor more junior team members on relevant sales skills, competences and tactics
- Ensure that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the company growth and development goals
- You always raise the bar for yourself and your team
- You are highly organised and a good multi-tasker
- You have strong verbal and written business communication skills in English and in one of the other languages French, German or Dutch
- You have experience in generating new business in a fast-paced scale-up environment targeting 6-digit enterprise deals
- You have experience in sales pipeline and forecasting management
- You have strong presentations skills
- You mentor and coach your team members and propel their personal development
- You have a “doing whatever it takes” and “can-do” attitude
- You have a growth mindset
- You have a keen interest in the news media industry and journalism
- You have 4+ years’ experience in sales, operations and leadership preferable in a SaaS scale-up environment
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding performance objectives (revenue targets, pipeline targets, etc.)
- Ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations; ability to handle a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship building and negotiation skills
- Strong presentation skills; Executive level communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to mentor others
- Proven ability to apply the Challenger Sales model and building top level relationship with strategic accounts
- Experience with building a team, including taking end responsibility for hiring and compensation decisions
- Ability to travel as needed
What do we offer?
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a fast-paced high performance company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- The opportunity to join a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit, at the verge of international breakthrough.
- An attractive workplace at the crossroads of creativity, design and technology.
- Team building events like a well-deserved Tomorrowland VIP experience, a team trip to climb Mount Etna or a skiing trip in Austria.
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team as Head of Sales!
Send your CV to email@example.com and we will contact you to get started on our journey together!
Other similar Jobs: