Bring our backend features to the next level of performance and reader experience!
Twipe is a mediatech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. We offer cloud based digital edition publishing, analytics, and personalisation solutions. Our solutions accelerate the growth of newspapers like the Le Monde, The Telegraph and DuMont.
To inspire our industry, we gather and analyse industry knowledge and share insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
As a .NET Engineer you are passionate about developing new features and maintain and improve existing code for our clients. Dare to make the difference and have impact from Day One!
- You further develop our back-end infrastructure to a cloud-native solution with microservices and horizontal scalability.
- You drive initiatives to ensure permanent system availability whilst taking the cost aspect into account.
- Develop features for processing newspaper content and distributing it to end users.
- Implement integrations with external 3rd party systems for user and rights management.
- Write clear, maintainable code and ensure test coverage using unit tests.
- Be involved in the preparation and follow up of bringing new features to the end user.
- Prepare go lives of new features/changes and follow-up after release.
- Review pull requests of your peers.
- Write infrastructure as code for changes to our infrastructure.
- Help onboarding new clients on our platform
- You are a true team player
- You are passionate about developing new features and striving to learn new things and improve
- You are a good listener and have strong communication skills
- You have a strong work ethic, a real “can do” attitude
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills sharp
- Master’s degree in computer science or related
- 3+ years of experience in Backend Engineering
- Advanced .NET/C# skills or another programming language
- Other programming languages such as Python, Java or C++ are a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud or other cloud providers
- Experience with relational database technologies
- Experience with infrastructure as code is a plus
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to make a difference from day one in a technology scale-up, solving problems of global interest for the media sector.
- A steep learning curve growing your back-end competences in a young & dynamic engineering team.
- An attractive workplace at the crossroads of creativity, design and technology.
- Team building events like a well-deserved Tomorrowland VIP experience, a team trip to climb Mount Etna or a skiing trip in Austria.
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team!