Deliver smooth and highly engaging user experiences
Twipe is a mediatech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. We offer cloud based digital edition publishing, analytics, and personalisation solutions. Our solutions accelerate the growth of newspapers like the Le Monde, The Telegraph and DuMont.
To inspire our industry, we gather and analyse industry knowledge and share insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
As Frontend Developer you are building performant mobile apps and web app platforms in React for our main customers. Dare to make the difference and have impact from Day One!
- You act as an architect, so we can build and maintain excellent React Native applications and/or React web apps with clean code.
- You build pixel-perfect, buttery smooth UIs that match designs.
- You leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms.
- You integrate carefully selected third-party API’s.
- You write unit and integration tests.
- You diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native.
- You contribute to the maintenance of the legacy applications and their migration to React / React Native.
- You have a good understanding of React / React Native best practices and a commitment to following them.
- You have the ability to work through new and difficult React / React Native issues and contribute to libraries as needed.
- You have meaningful experience working on large, complex systems in agile software development.
- You identify key goals with Twipe customers and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make to them.
- You are a true team player and have strong communication skills.
- You have a Growth Mindset. You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve.
We’re looking for candidates who are willing to learn and take on new challenges, have demonstrated ability to roll up their sleeves and join a fast moving, collaborative team.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in (applied) computer science or equivalent through experience.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with React and/or React Native.
- You are experienced in common software engineering practices such as OO-development, common design patterns, unit testing, secure coding practices (OWASP), writing clean and neat code and documentation.
- You have experience working with Swift, Objective C, and Java.
- You are familiar with libraries/frameworks such as Redux, Redux-saga.
- Knowledge of common technologies such as REST web services, OAuth, JSON, XML, SQL.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to make a difference from day one in a technology scale-up, solving problems of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong trackrecord of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- A challenging job in a young & dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- The opportunity to join a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit, at the verge of international breakthrough.
- An attractive workplace at the crossroads of creativity, design and technology.
- Team building events like a well-deserved Tomorrowland VIP experience, a team trip to climb Mount Etna or a skiing trip in Austria.
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team!
Click on the button below to apply!