Head of Software Engineering
Lead and grow our mobile apps & web team to the next level
Twipe is a newstech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. Our leading SaaS platform includes news edition apps, content processing and distribution, predictive analytics and personalisation solutions.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times. To inspire the newspaper industry, we share new insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
Our open, honest and direct company culture fosters team collaboration and offers our Twipees ample opportunity to have impact. Together we are moving mountains when it comes to growing some of the largest news brands in the world, like Le Monde, The Telegraph and Ouest-France.
As our Head of Software Engineering, you will be a leader in driving change within our mobile apps & web team. You will implement best practices in agile software development and encourage a team of developers and engineers to do their best work.
We are looking for someone willing and eager to drive change – change in our process, change in the quality of our work and change in our relationship with other teams, both within Product, Engineering and Customer Success. We are looking for someone who will push members of the team to be better, invest in quality, grow their technical prowess and advocate for them and their work. The ideal candidate would serve to be a role model and mentor for more junior members of the team.
Dare to make the difference and have impact from Day One!
- Lead and inspire our mobile apps team
- Build and own the next generation of our mobile & web apps platform with the team
- Apply agile software development practices and coach team members to apply these principles every day
- Continuously push to improve quality of end products and processes
- Guide the team to create a compelling technical vision and blueprint for the future
- Enable your team members to have impact, achieve career and personal growth
- Be part of the leadership team of Twipe and contribute to building the leading news distribution and personalisation platform
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with a passion for quality
- Hands-on experience with front-end and mobile apps development in either Objective-C/Swift, Java/Kotlin, ReactNative, Typescript or React
- Experience building an engineering team in a scale-up environment
- Passionate technologist – proven track record building and architecting complex systems
- Experience managing multiple critical software projects
- Accountable for the performance of the teams reporting to them (output, quality and timing/planning)
- Drives performance through clear expectations and mutual accountability
- Promotes engineering career growth via individual feedback and people development
- Hands-on experience with agile and lean methodologies
- You always raise the bar for yourself and your team
- You are highly organised and a good multi-tasker
- You have an in-depth technical understanding and curiosity, which allows you to quickly make assessments and to have effective discussions with the business teams
- You don’t hesitate to take the lead on challenging technical projects and usually overdeliver on expectations
- You are a pragmatic decision maker, applying 80/20 approach to deliver business results
- You are a great team player with contagious energy
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a “doing whatever it takes” and “can-do” attitude
- You have a growth mindset
- You have a keen interest in the news media industry and journalism
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector and society at large
- A challenging job in a fast-paced, performance driven company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies
- Ample personal development opportunities, allowing to learn beyond your comfort zone
- The opportunity to join a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit, at the verge of international breakthrough
- An attractive workplace at the crossroads of creativity, design and technology
- Team building events like a well-deserved Tomorrowland VIP experience, a team trip to climb Mount Etna or a skiing trip in Austria
Interested in building the future news distribution platform and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team!
Send your CV to email@example.com and we will contact you to get started on our journey together!
Other similar jobs: