Mobile Software Lead
Bring our mobile apps to the next level of performance and reader experience!
Twipe is a mediatech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. We offer cloud based digital edition publishing, analytics, and personalisation solutions. Our solutions accelerate the growth of newspapers like the Le Monde, The Telegraph and DuMont.
To inspire our industry, we gather and analyse industry knowledge and share insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
As a Mobile Software Lead you strengthen our mobile app development team and help us move mountains. Dare to make the difference and have impact from Day One!
- Be responsible for the analysis, architecture and technical choices of the mobile environment, ensure delivery of new features
- Work closely together with the Product, Customer Success and development team to conceptualize, build, test and deploy new features
- Coach the mobile app development team and elevate their technical skills
- Implement coding standards within the development team
- Review pull requests to ensure high quality and maintainable solutions
- Single point of contact for the developers regarding bugs, performance bottlenecks, new features, …
- Stay on top of the latest mobile technology trends
- You bring proven experience working on large, complex systems with high quality and uptime requirements
- You have demonstrated ownership over your work and that of your team
- You are a true team player
- You are a good listener and have strong communication skills
- You have a strong “can do” attitude
- You’re passionate about mobile development…it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
- You have a Master degree and minimum 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with mobile app development (iOS and Android) with different development languages (Swift, Objective C, ReactNative, Kotlin, Java) is a must
- Experience with common software engineering practices such as OO-development, common design patterns, unit testing, secure coding practices (OWASP), writing clean and neat code and documentation is a big plus
- Knowledge of common technologies such as REST web services, OAuth, JSON, XML and SQL is a plus
- Experience with reviewing pull requests of colleagues and improve their technical capabilities
- The opportunity to make a difference from day one in a technology scale-up, solving problems of global interest for the media sector
- A challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies
- A stimulating environment, where you can develop your personal and professional skills
- Be a part of a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit
- An attractive workplace, a crossroads of creativity, design and technology
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team!
Send your CV to email@example.com and we will contact you to get started on our journey together!
Other similar jobs: