The Twipe Digital Growth Summit is a unique news tech event that gathers top media innovators from across the globe to shape the future of the news industry together. This 6th edition takes place in Brussels on 26th September 2023.
150 guests will join a day of keynotes, hands-on deep dive sessions and peer-to-peer networking to explore how technologies like AI & Generative AI, XR, audio, finite formats, social platforms and more can help publishers to engage the different generations from Boomers to Gen Alpha.
Our team is preparing incredible surprises, don’t miss out on this exclusive experience.
Your speaker lineup was excellent! This was the best event I’ve been to in a while!DGS 2022 Attendee
Discover our speakers
Navigating the Never Normal in News
Peter, the acclaimed author of five bestselling business books will join us to deliver an insightful presentation on “Navigating the Never Normal in News.” This engaging talk will provide valuable insights and strategies for news publishers seeking to thrive in the ever-evolving digital landscape. Don’t miss this opportunity to gain expert knowledge from Peter, a renowned thought leader in radical innovation and the Future of News.
With a strong background as a serial entrepreneur, Peter has led multiple technology start-ups, including acquisitions and stock exchange listings. Peter’s vast experience and insights have made him a trusted advisor, lecturer at prestigious business schools, and a keynote headliner for global conferences and Fortune 1000 companies.
Get inspired by thought leaders from top media companies
Exclusive speakers and special guests joining this year’s event, with more still to be announced!
Great enthusiasm, engagement, people and also food and drinks!DGS 2022 Attendee
Doors Open at 08:30, content kicks off at 09:00
Part 1 : Setting the scene
- CEO Panel with Thomas Schultz-Homberg, CEO of KStA Medien & Peter Quaghebeur, CEO of Mediafin. Moderated by Danny Lein, CEO & Founder of Twipe
- Nic Newman – Reuter’s Digital News Outlook: Key challenges & growth opportunities
- Fireside chat with Arist von Harpe, CEO of Hamburger Morgenpost: Venturing from tech into newsmedia
Part 2 : Learn from peers
- Julie Lelièvre on how Le Monde uses social platforms to engage younger audiences
- Emilie Nenquin on how Flemish public service broadcaster VRT uses data to reach different audiences
- Peter Soetens on Generative AI in the newsroom, the Mediahuis approach
Part 3 : Interactive Deep Dive Sessions
- Get involved in hands-on sessions, each focused on a key area of subscription business:
- Pricing – with Liesbeth Nizet, Managing Director Europe of Mather Economics
- Generative AI – with Heino Schaght, Innovation Manager at Mediahuis
- Audience Engagement – with Michelle Brister, Head of Audience Development at The Telegraph
Part 4 : Looking to the future
- Digital Panel: with Kirsi Hakaniemi, CDO of Keskisuomalainen & Gregor Zoller, Director of IT at MHS Digital
- The Edition of the Future, with Stefan Seghers, CDO of Roularta & Dana Nastase of Twipe.
- Ezra Eeman – Wayfinder: Navigating the AI Duststorm
- Jean-Marc de Jonghe – Driving engagement at La Presse: The power of user centric design
- Inspiring Keynote presentation: Navigating the “Never Normal” in News with Peter Hinssen
The main content will finish at 17:15, but you can continue the conversation…
Not in a rush to catch a flight? Stick around for a drink and finger food!
We are thrilled to announce our partnership with Mediahuis, whose generous support is fueling not just our ambitions, but also our guests, with delightful breaks, sumptuous lunches, tasty snacks, and a memorable after-event gathering.
You make events that you yourself would like to attend. Love that! ✨🔥💪🏻DGS 2022 Attendee
Brussels, Belgium: La Tricoterie – Link Factory: 158, rue Théodore Verhaegen, 1060 Saint Gilles, Brussels
The unique venue is just around the corner from Brussels Midi railway station, where local, international and airport trains arrive. It is easy to access from anywhere!
Date and Time: ⏰
Tuesday 26th September 2023 from 08:30 – 17:15, followed by drinks and finger food.
Attendees can profit from both the Twipe Digital Growth Summit and INMA’s media innovation week which takes place just 30 mins away in Antwerp, later in the week.
Highlights from previous events
- 2022 – London: Tech shaping the future of news
- 2021 – Leuven: The next 10 years in news
- 2019 – Berlin: Habit forming news products
- 2018 – Rennes: AI and the news
- 2016 – Leuven: Collaboration for the future of news