Develop best-in-class Android news reading and analytics apps
Twipe is a mediatech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. We offer cloud based digital edition publishing, analytics, and personalisation solutions. Our solutions accelerate the growth of newspapers like the Le Monde, The Telegraph and DuMont.
To inspire our industry, we gather and analyse industry knowledge and share insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
As Android Developer you will design and build the next generation of Twipe’s Android apps and SDKs. Your apps will be among the leading apps in the news media categories used by hundreds of thousands of readers every day. Dare to make the difference and have impact from Day One!
What will be your responsibilities?
- Writing clean and efficient code for our Android applications and SDKs
- Monitoring the performance of live apps and work on optimising them at the code level
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks, rectifying bugs and enhancing application performance
- Performing unit and instrumentation tests on code
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define and design new features
- Staying up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
- You are a strong problem solver with solid analytical skills
- Software quality is your norm, not the exception
- You like to push the boundaries of what is technically possible
- You combine team spirit, autonomy and perseverance
- Creativity and enthusiasm are personal keywords
- You are a kick-ass software engineer, with keen interest in developing robust, modular and highly performing software.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Android NDK
- Proven work experience in design patterns mobile architecture using frameworks such as MVVM/MVC/MVP
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to effectively integrate Android applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with various testing tools
- A good knowledge of either iOS development or HTML5 is a strong plus.
- The opportunity to make a difference from day one in a technology scale-up, solving problems of global interest for the media sector.
- A steep learning curve growing your analytical, project management and product design competences.
- A challenging job in a fast-paced high performance company at the fore
- The opportunity to join a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit, at the verge of international breakthrough.
- An attractive workplace at the crossroads of creativity, design and technology.
- Team building events like a well-deserved Tomorrowland VIP experience, a team trip to climb Mount Etna or a skiing trip in Austria.
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team!
Send your CV to email@example.com and we will contact you to get started on our journey together!