Young Graduate Programme Software Engineering
Twipe is a mediatech scale-up based in Leuven, Belgium working with leading newspaper publishers in Europe and the US to grow their digital subscribers and sustain quality journalism. We offer cloud based digital edition publishing, analytics, and personalisation solutions. Our innovative solutions accelerate the growth of newspapers including Le Monde, The Telegraph and DuMont.
To inspire our industry, we gather and analyse industry knowledge and share insights with our growing Future of News publishers’ community.
In order to support our growth, we are looking for highly talented individuals who are willing to join our journey of innovation and entrepreneurship. As a Young Graduate Software Engineering you will learn new skills, develop yourself in an agile way and explore new opportunities over a period of two years. Dare to make a difference and have an impact from Day One!
I took on the challenge, and combined with great guidance from my mentor, I overcame the steep learning curve to become a React Native developer. Soon I was already making an impact on the creation of the new app for The Telegraph.Stijn Janssens, Software Engineering Young Graduate
What is the profile of a Young Graduate?
- Masters of Science in Computer Engineering or Industrial Sciences
- A strong track record of extra-curricular activities, demonstrating an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills. Other languages are considered a strong plus.
- You bring sound problem solving skills and a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- You have a humble growth mindset.
What is the programme all about?
The Twipe young graduate programme wants to give young talents the opportunity to explore challenging projects across different teams. The programme is tailored on an individual basis to fit your skills and preferences within our business opportunities. Over a period of two years, we will actively look for at least 2 interesting projects within our engineering and/or product team.
Meet the teams:
- Developing our next generation of applications in React Native
- Building a platform that allows for enough customisation whilst ensuring manageability over numerous customers
- Learning technologies like React Native, Typescript, Redux, iOS and Android
Data & Artificial Intelligence Team
- In-depth data analysis, identifying and delivering relevant insights to customers
- Developing and managing data models and personalised recommendation systems
- Learning technologies like Python, Terraform, Pandas, SQL and NLP
- You take end-to-end ownership of the development of a product feature, improvement or customer implementation track
- You define User Stories and prepare the work packages for the Engineering Team and validate the integration with the Customer Success Team
- You make a project implementation plan, highlighting key milestones and intermediate delivery moments
- Further developing our back-end to a cloud-native solution with microservices and horizontal scalability
- Driving initiatives to ensure permanent system availability whilst managing costs
- Learning technologies like C#, SQL, Terraform and AWS Cloud
What else do we offer for a Young Graduate?
- An attractive workplace, at a cross-road of creativity, design and technology
- Immediate impact and a steep learning curve in front- and back-end engineering, data science and artificial intelligence
- A competitive compensation package, including variable bonus scheme, car, group insurance and other benefits
- A young and dynamic working environment with fun team activities such as an annual Team Learning and Team Building, our well-deserved Tomorrowland VIP experience, our team trip to climb mount Etna or our skiing trip in Austria
- Meet our young grads and hear why they love working at Twipe
Interested in the transformation journey of the publishing industry and eager to be part of a growing business? Join our team! Applications for September are due by March 2023.