Yesterday, Apple launched their “new” iPad.Â The release date is March 16 for the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, UK, Germany, and France.
International customers will get the new iPad on March 23, including the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Puertostan, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
The update to iOS5.1 Â is now available. We monitor the usage the iOS versions that is used to access our apps. About 90% of the people that use one of our apps is using iOS 5 or more. This numbers shows that most users are updating their devices rather fast. Therefore it is interesting to have a look about what is new.
– Retina Display : The new iPad display has Â 3.1 million pixels and a resolution of 2048 x 1536.
– Fast CPU : Powered be a new A5X chip
– Dictaphone : Through voice-input, you can talk to your iPad and it will write down what you say.
– Camera : The camera app has a new design and there is a shortcut to the camera in the lock screen.
– Face recognition : The camera now marks all the faces in pictures.
– Genius : iTunes Match subscribers get to use Genius Mixus and Genius Playlist, which finds music you should like.
– 4G : In the United States, the iPhone 4S and the New iPad support the 4G network.
– Phone calls : A problem with the sound during outgoing phone calls is now repaired.
At the same time, Apple released iOS 5.1:
– Camera shortcut :Â iOS 5 added a nifty lock screen shortcut that allowed users to quickly shoot a photo without having to unlock theÂ iPhoneÂ first
– Face detection :Â On the iPhone 4S, the camera app now will highlight all faces that it detects when you’re trying to snap an image.
– iPad Camera app : the camera shutter has moved from the menu bar at the bottom of the viewfinder to the right side of the frame.
– Improved audio : iPad users also set to get louder and clearer audio when watching television shows and movies.
– More Genius : iTunes Match subscribers now will get Genius Mix and Genius playlist suggestion.
– New podcast controls :Â In the last iPad-only addition, you’ll see new controls for changing the playback speed on podcasts and rewinding for 30-second segments.