Software Development Solution Architect
Design the Next Generation of our Digital Publishing Suite
Twipe offers an affordable digital publishing suite that helps newspapers and magazines to publish easy-to-read content on all mobile platforms. Twipe is a young and fast growing company. Reference cases include De Standaard , NRC, Metro, Het Nieuwsblad, HUMO, Gazet Van Antwerpen, Het Belang van Limburg, HDC Media,…
On the short term we are looking to grow our team with a top notch Software Development Solution Architect to join our Software Engineering Team.
Is complex cross-platform and cross-technology software engineering your cup of tea? Do you want to be the driving force in our Software Engineering Time? Apply now for the Software Development Solution Architect job. Send us your CV together with your motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsibilities Software Development Solution Architect
- You design and improve the overall Platform and Solutions Architecture of the Twipe Digital Publishing Suite (front-end apps, integration with back-end, Template Editor), this in close collaboration with our Head of Software Engineering and our Head of Product Development
- You take technical leadership for the development of new features together with a team of software developers
- You translate functional and business requirements into solid technical specifications in line with our proprietary publishing framework
- You subdivide complex application development into smaller, manageable pieces of work
- You set the standards for application development and you define the application frameworks to be used
- You regularly conduct code reviews with developers in order to guarantee the standards you set
- You are the driving force of implementing reusable modules and components
- You write out the technical specifications which make the goals clear for all team members
- Lean software development is your standard way of working and in collaboration with our Head of Software Engineering you work on improving the software development processes.
- Your passion for mobile and tablet technology drives you to stay up-to-date about the latest trends and evolutions. You are an excellent source of new insights that eventually will result in the development of new product features.
Profile of Software Development Solution Architect
- You have a Masters degree in Software Engineering or an equivalent degree
- Strong leadership and active in extracurricular activities
- You have a minimum of 7 years of software development experience of which 3 or more in an architect role
- You have a sharp analytical mind and strong thinking/problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills with a “can-do” attitude
- You don’t easily give up and are willing to give the extra mile
- You inspire others for your thirst for excellence
- Excellent knowledge of software development principles like unit testing, continuous integration, scrum, version management are a given.
- Strong knowledge of Software Architecture and Design methodologies with a proven track record in a multi-tier client server environment.
- Hands on experience in software development preferable in C#, iOS or Android Projects.
- A thorough working knowledge of WCF, Web services, MS SQL Server is a plus, as wel as a strong understanding of high volume transaction processing, server caching, Microsoft Azure or other cloud based scalable systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to influence others to take action
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic and growing company. The international growth of Twipe will be your reward.
- We offer lots of personal development opportunities. We have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We will invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
- Your compensation package is competitive, including variable bonus scheme, car, group insurance and other benefits.