Strategic Business Development Manager
Drive international growth of Twipe
Twipe is a Belgian technology company based in Leuven. We offer a state-of-the-art digital publishing and analytics SaaS platform, used by leading newspapers across Europe. We are innovation and technology leaders in the area of digital edition based publishing. Every month 8 million digital editions are downloaded from our platform. We help newspapers including The Times, Le Monde and Ouest-France grow their subscription and reader revenues.
Our innovation capability has been recognised by Google, which has granted Twipe funding from its Digital News Initiative fund three times already. We are actively investing in machine learning and artificial intelligence to understand and predict reader preferences and optimize their reading experiences.
Join us in our exciting journey of building an international leading technology company!
Are you passionate about media and technologies? Do you have a track record in building up new business? Do you want to play a defining role in the growth of a technology scale up to international level? Send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
In order to grow our international presence, Twipe is looking for a Strategic Business Development Manager, by preference located in Belgium.
As a Strategic Business Development Manager you are responsible for driving our international business growth in collaboration with a selected group of strategic, top league international newspaper publishers. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in initiating leading edge innovation and digital growth projects. Additionally he/she will be responsible for raising brand awareness and gaining presence in the international market.
- Acquire extensive knowledge about top league media companies
- Build in depth knowledge of the media landscape and the key players
- Be permanently up to date with changes
- Build and grow our business internationally:
- Formulate and execute business development strategies for a selected group of strategic prospects, all in the top league of international news media
- Proactively contact publishers, identify digital growth opportunities for them, challenge their vision and generate results
- Formulate compelling, leading edge co-innovation projects, pushing the boundaries of innovation in the news distribution media landscape
- Build strong, trust based and long term relationships
- Formulate appealing financial proposals in line with customer expectation and fit with the Twipe vision and products in collaboration with the Head of Business Development
- Provide customer insights and drive new product development
- Build knowledge of Twipe products to enable sales
- Join the agile way of working of the company
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint goal setting and sprint-end demo meetings
- Independently set up sprint goals (2 weeks) and quarterly targets
- Work in cross functional teams of project managers, developers, marketers and business developers
- Entrepreneurial, willing to take on full accountability for business growth and scale up
- Thought leader, with strong ability to formulate future vision, and translate this into tangible, agile action plans
- Experience in management consulting, by preference at a top management consulting firm like McKinsey, BCG or Bain with proven results in the media sector
- Experience in Business Development with Entreprise SaaS solutions is a strong plus
- Strong motivation and self-drive to getting things done and maintain focus
- Master in (Business) Engineering or Economics, or other master degree with relevant experience
- Passion for the newspaper and media industry and strong affinity with mobile and tablet technologies (various OS platforms, industry trends,…)
- Track record in innovation and challenging customers vision
- Willing to work in a dynamic, high intensity environment
- Willing to travel (max. 30%)
- Industry knowledge is a plus (newspaper / magazine creation, editorial aspects, CMS, design of newspapers,…)
- Track record in formulating new strategies,
- Track record in initiating, negotiating and closing enterprise-scale deals
- Excellent language skills (English and German or French)
- Knowledge of the following software is required: iOS, Android, OSX, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of the following technologies is a plus: XML, HTML
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, negotiate and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors
- Strong understanding of web & app technologies, content management systems, publishing and data technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- We offer the opportunity to make a difference in the international expansion of a technology scale up solving a problem of global interest for the media sector.
- We offer a very challenging job in a dynamic company at the fore front of innovation in emerging technologies.
- We offer personal development opportunities and have a strong track record of growing people beyond their competences and comfort zone.
- We are glad to welcome you in a young, international team with entrepreneurial spirit.
- We invest in an attractive workplace, a cross-road of creativity, design and technology.
Send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org