Personalised reading lists for maximum engagement
JAMES technology enables news organisations to increase reader engagement with automated one–to–one personalised newsletters, push notifications or web sections. We use the power of machine learning to create personalised reading lists for your readers.
Activate your readers for increased conversion rates with JAMES
JAMES predicts which content is more likely to trigger readers’ interaction. Like a butler, JAMES learns from your readers’ behaviour so you can send them the right content to maximise engagement levels. Turn your readers into loyal subscribers!
Automatically surface the right content to the right readers with personalised reading lists
By personalising distribution you can ensure that every reader receives relevant content, optimising article value. Drive more readers to your website, mobile apps or editions by using JAMES personalisation algorithms. Our technology integrates within your existing tech stack, drawing input from your content, analytics and email platforms. JAMES learns the content that triggers readers, and provides a new set of individual recommendations every day.
Join the Launch Partner Programme
JAMES can help your organisation serve your readers with the content they love automatically and increase your chances of retaining them. If interested in experimenting with JAMES, fill out the form and our team will be in contact shortly.
JAMES has been named the best customer retention programme from the Data & Marketing Association and awarded the second spot for Best New Digital Subscription Initiative at the 2020 INMA awards.
JAMES Personalised Reading Lists – The Times Case
JAMES was born as a collaborative project between Twipe and The Times of London. After receiving Google DNI funding, a group of 22 people worked for a year in fine-tuning a product that could help accelerate digital subscription growth. Over 100,000 subscribers of The Times were served with individualised newsletters compiled from the content of a daily edition.
The Times saw a 49% decrease in churn rate on the cohort exposed to daily emails personalised by JAMES, with the highest impact being observed on low to medium engaged subscribers. JAMES continues to be used at The Times and The Sunday Times. We are now bringing this technology to other publishers as well. For the insights from the collaboration with The Times, Download the report.
Sign up to be notified of the latest developments from JAMES.
- Keskisuomalainen: Launching 10 local newsletters across Central Finland
- NRC: NRC Automated and Personalised Newsletters with JAMES
- The Times
Further reading & coverage
- INMA 2023 Awards Winner Best Initiative for Subscriber Retention – Improving retention with hyper-local personalised and automated newsletters
- Google DNI – AI-driven engagement at The Times & The Sunday Times
- INMA – Times, Sunday Times decrease churn by 49% with digital butler
- Digiday – News UK used personalized newsletters to cut subscriber churn in half
- Press Gazette – Times titles halve digital subscriber churn with tailored emails from AI named ‘James’
- Journalism.co.uk – The Times employs an AI-powered ‘digital butler’ JAMES to serve personalised news
- Twipe – Google DNI funds collaborative project of Twipe and The Times & The Sunday Times
- Twipe – Reuters names JAMES a development to watch for 2018
- Digiday – The Times of London turns to a ‘digital butler’ named James to increase subscriptions